Testimony from an undercover RCMP officer continued Thursday morning at the Douglas Hales murder trial in Saskatoon.

Hales is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 25-year-old Daleen Bosse, a university student originally from the Onion Lake Cree Nation.

Defence lawyer Bob Hrycan continued to hammer away at the methods and credibility of an undercover police sting operation that netted a murder confession out of Hales six years ago.

As part of the sting operation, Hales was led to believe he was working for a high level criminal organization.

Hrycan painted a scenario where the officers used coercive methods of fear, power, loyalty and the promise of easy money to get Hales to say or do whatever they wanted.

Court also heard testimony from two Saskatoon police officers in the afternoon.

Reginald Smith and Allen Tisdel both worked in crime scene identification at the time of Daleen Bosse’s disappearance in 2004.

Smith led an investigation of Bosse’s previously abandoned car in January 2005 but found no evidence of DNA or blood samples.

Tisdel was part of the investigation of the alleged crime scene in a secluded wooded area near Martensville in August 2008.

He described to court some of the burnt items officers found in the area including rings, a keychain, makeup kit and bone fragments.

A video of an RCMP officer taped statement of how Douglas Hales confessed to disposing Daleen Bosse’s body was also shown.

The undercover officer, who cannot be named because of publication ban, described how Hales told him Bosse’s body was dragged from her car and set ablaze in a nearby area.

The officer also said Hales told him that he returned to the crime scene about a year later and was unable to find any remnants of the body.